Tuesday 11 September 2007

Day 29, Needles, CA to Ludlow, CA 108.4 miles

Lonely road to Amboy, Mojave desert, CA


The hardest day of the trip so far, 108 miles in 108 degree heat. I Didn't take that many pictures as I was too busy suffering and there was only one famous landmark, Roy's Diner & Motel in Amboy. In hindsight I wish I'd ask them if they had a room for me here rather than push the extra 25 miles to Ludlow. I'm not sure if it's still open to the public but in the circumstances I'm sure they'd of understood. It was the only Motel I passed in 100+ miles; very surreal place Amboy, just Roy's and a post office in the middle of the Mojave desert.


Roy's Motel, Amboy, CA


Rolled into Ludlow at 7.45pm, after sunset. Ludlow wasn't really a town, just a stopping point on Interstate 40 with a gas station and a motel. Had to ask at the gas station to get a room for the night, the motel manger also sells the gas. I got the last available room in the last motel for 60 miles.

No comments: